St. Croix Falls uses SchoolMessenger to provide communication on matters such as district
emergencies, attendance, and other items of interest. In order to choose how you are contacted, you
must create a preference profile using SchoolMessenger’s Contact Manager. It
also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have
To set up your account:
Login to the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Click the link for SchoolMessenger underneath each child you have enrolled to retrieve their activation codes.
- Click Create Account in the PowerSchool Parent Portal to start the SchoolMessenger account creation process.
- You will be directed to a Sign Up page where you will need to enter a valid email address, a password, your name, and zip code. You’ll use your email address and the password you enter here to sign in later. Check Email me when I have a new phone message if you would like to receive an email message each time there is a new message in your mailbox. Click Create Account when you are done.
- Check your email. There will be an email from firstname.lastname@example.org which contains a link to activate your account. This link will take you to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
- Once you’ve activated your account, you’re ready to add your child to your account. Click the link on the main page and add your child’s student ID and Activation Code.
- When you have finished adding your child to your account, you will be brought to the Edit Contact Details page where you can select which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address. You may also add additional phone numbers and email addresses. Make sure that you click Save when you are done making changes.
If you have other children attending school in this district, you will be able to add them all to the same Contact Manager.